Wednesday, 5 December 2007

Plywood/Rock

The last three weeks I have been taking part in 'fun' comps

The first of these was the EICA round of the East verses West comps. The setting was supposedly easier than the previous round but I was in full shambles mode so the problems felt Really hard. Thankfully I wasn't the only one struggling that day so I managed to shake my way to a perfect score.

The second of these was the Plywood Masters at BoulderUK



This comp was excellent as ever, with a great mix of technical, novelty and power problems. The qualifier went badly for me (a bit of an running theme), but I somehow managed to sneak into the final in 7th place. After being fully shut down on every problem, I managed to convert this to a stunning (yup you guessed it) 7th place


Last was round 2 of Alien Rocks winter bouldering series. The problems were of the highest quality and this more than makes up for the lack of difficulty (three of us had perfect scores). Hopefully all the setters will keep up the good work with the next round.

No comments: